With the growth in cloud computing, many companies are migrating towards new technologies to maintain architecture. The fact that cloud computing is more beneficial than traditional computing is a driving factor. Serverless and Docker containers are the top two cloud computing solutions. Both these solutions Are totally different from one another but fulfill the same goal. If you want to know more about these solutions, we can help you. In this post, we will discuss serverless architecture vs containers.
Serverless is the latest trend. Here, you don’t have to worry about the equipment, network nodes, or storage. All you need to do is write the code. The backend services can be bought from any vendor. The vendors will implement the functions written by the developers. New features can be easily added to the architecture. The developers can solely focus on their code while the vendor manages the infrastructure.
- No Servers: As the name is serverless, you don’t need to worry about the servers. The servers which are needed are the responsibility of the vendors.
- Efficient Scalability: It is highly scalable. As usage is increased, computing power increases automatically. It helps to manage huge traffic efficiently. The sever speed is adjusted as per usage.
- Cost-Effective: Here, you only have to pay for the functionalities which are used. Because of this, the charges are reduced. You only have to pay for the usage and nothing extra.
- Faster Deployment: It helps in deploying the app quickly. The codes can be added anytime, which allows in launching the app at a quicker pace.
- Decreased Latency: It helps to reduce the latency as the servers are not far away or in one place. The servers which are near the users are used to improve the speed.
- You don’t know what’s going with the infrastructure or server
- Troubleshooting becomes difficult
- Third-party vendors are given control
Many companies and businesses use docker cloud computing. It is like a machine. The containers are isolated and communicate through channels. It helps to make the application creation process more straightforward. Moreover, it also helps to reduce the size of the app. It results in improved performance.
Enhanced Productivity: It provides standard infrastructure. It helps the developers and engineers to find security threats or vulnerabilities.
- Limitless Scaling: It provides infinite scaling. There are no restrictions. You can scale your app as much as you want.
- Multi-Cloud Services: Major cloud computing vendors are using this service. Google Compute Platform have started using Docker Container computing.
- Security: The apps can be completely isolated. It provides complete protection. It helps to control the traffic as well.
- Continuous Deployment: It helps the developers to test the apps and make changes. It provides flexibility which helps to eliminate any discrepancies.
- Isolation of Resources: With Docker Containers, the resources can be easily isolated. Every app has its own resources. It reduces costs. The app can be easily removed as their resources can be separated.
- There are performance problems sometimes.
- When the container shuts down, all the data will be lost
- Some products don’t work with each other due to competition
- Adding a graphic interface with Docker can be clunky
This is all you need to know about Serverless VS Docker Containers.