Do you want to buy a new iPhone because your current one is not turning on? Before purchasing a new iPhone, you should try some simple options to fix a dead iPhone. Sometimes, it is possible to fix a dead screen. If your iPhone won’t turn on, you can try these tips to bring your device to life.
Charge a Dead iPhone
Make sure to charge the battery of your iPhone after noticing an iPhone black screen. Test your iPhone by plugging it into your wall charger. Wait for 15 to 30 minutes to see if it can automatically turn on. Moreover, hold down on/off button for a few seconds to turn your iPhone on. If recharging doesn’t work, you may have a faulty charger or cable. Use a new charger or cord and try to charge your iPhone again.
Restart Your iPhone
After charging the battery, the issue of iPhone black screen persists. It is time to restart your iPhone. For this purpose, hold down on/off button for 2 to 3 seconds. If your iPhone is switched off, it will turn on. You may see a slider offering to turn the iPhone off. Sometimes, an iPhone crash notification appears after an update. Feel free to check your device with dr.fone.
If standard restart didn’t work, you could try hard resets. In a hard reset, clear maximum memory of the device (secure your storage to avoid data loss) for a comprehensive reset. For hard reset, quickly press and release the volume up and side button for 10 seconds until you notice an Apple logo.
Continue holding the buttons after seeing a shut-down slider. Wait for a white Apple logo before leaving the buttons. Leave the buttons after seeing the Apple logo and let your iPhone start.
iPhone DFU Mode
Sometimes, you find it impossible to turn on your iPhone. It may happen after jailbreaking or installing an iOS update without sufficient battery life. You can solve this problem in iPhone DFU mode with dr.fone. Feel free to use this mode in the following conditions.
- A device jammed while updating.
- Internal data of iPhone is corrupted, and your smartphone is malfunctioning.
- You are facing this issue after jailbreaking your iPhone.
- To downgrade your iOS to a preceding version.
This mode may increase the chances of data loss because it returns your device to factory settings. For this reason, people find it frightening to try this option. To avoid losing data, you can use dr-fone – Repair. A detailed procedure is available at their official website.
Restore to Factory Settings of iPhone
If your iPhone wont turn on, try to restore it to factory settings. It will erase the settings and data on your device. However, it can solve several problems, but remove your data. Hence, back up your data to avoid data loss. Feel free to restore with iPhone to solve the possible reasons of an iPhone crash. See these steps:
- Use your lighting cable to connect your iPhone to a PC and open iTunes. You must see the icon of iPhone on the upper corner of the iTunes window. Fortunately, fone can offer you a better solution than iTunes.
- If you are unable to see iPhone in the iTunes, you have to put your device in recovery mode. To activate recovery mode, press volume up button quickly and release it. Repeat the same thing with the volume down button.
- Now press the side button and hold it until you a recovery-mode screen appears. For iPhone 6s or earlier, iPod, iPad touch, press and then hold home and side or top buttons simultaneously. Wait for the recovery-mode screen before releasing these buttons.
- In the recovery mode, you can see the iTunes in the device’s icon. Hit the “Restore iPhone” button. You will be asked to start a backup of your device. It will help you to protect your data. However, you can skip this step.
- You will see a confirmation box to ensure you have to restore your device. Hit “restore” and wait for your device to restart. It may take a few minutes. It will become a new and clean iPhone.
If the problem persists after following these steps, you have to contact Apple to find out a possible solution. Check the warranty status of the device to save money on iPhone repairs.