Cable protectors are a great way to hide that unsightly mess of cables snaking across your floor or wall. They can be used at home or at the office, at events and festivals and for industrial uses. Loose cables lying around can be a serious trip hazard so a health and safety conscious company should take reasonable steps to reduce this risk. Additionally, running over loose cables with wheeled and heavy foot traffic will damage cables, leading to them failing, possibly at inopportune times, and also costly replacements. There are lots of different models made from different materials to suit different diameters and types of cables for indoor and door use. Here are a few benefits you’ll see when you invest in cable protectors for your business.
- Fewer trip hazards – purchasing heavy-duty cable protectors keep cables tidy, remove trip hazards and reduce the risk that expensive equipment will be damaged when their cables are pulled sharply.
- Protected cables – as the name suggests cable protectors protect your cables from being stepped on or wheeled over and damaged, and from heavy loads being dropped on them. Some cables can be quite expensive to replace so protecting them with a cable protector can be cost-effective in the long run. They also discourage children and pets from playing with them or chewing them.
- Better organisation – keeping your cables tidy doesn’t only prevent trip hazards, it can also help you keep your cables organised and more easily recognisable. Cable protectors will keep your cables tangle-free so it’s easy to find the one you need, especially if you use lots that look similar. If you have a lot of cables running for a complex set up, cable protectors will be a real help.
- Smarter environment – cable protectors will also keep everything more pleasing to the eye. It is not attractive when you have cables dangling around your home or office. In an office this can look messy and unprofessional. Investing in a simple cable protector will keep tangled cables tidy and more aesthetically pleasing.
- Improved operations – apart from protecting cables from gathering dust which can be damaging to them in the long run, cable protectors can boost the productivity of your business. By keeping everything tidy and clean your workspace becomes more productive and efficient. It also gives it a more professional look.
- Fewer Pest Infestations – exterminators claim that cockroaches, insects and small rodents are attracted by the taste of the covering of cables. Cable protectors can protect from such pest infestation to your home, office, outdoor event or industrial site. It is an easy solution to what can be a hazardous situation.
Author Bio: First Mats started life as safety matting specialists, but have since expanded to become a complete industrial and commercial supplies company. The focus of First Mats is to provide safety-focused products that improve the wellbeing of staff through quality approved products, backed up by extensive knowledge. www.firstmats.co.uk
Article by Born Realist