1. Apple Will Put Up To $15.4 Billion (€13 billion) That the EU Says It Owes Ireland In Back Taxes Into a Special Holding Fund (tech)
Image credits: Linkedln
Ireland’s finance minister said he expects the iPhone maker to start paying the money into an escrow account in the first quarter of 2018.
Note: A person technology skills and technical skills are very important. A persons
2. Netflix’s Chief Content Officer Told An Audience At UBS’s Global Media and Communications Conference in New York That Season Six Of The Streaming Giant’s Landmark Show Will Happen (tech)
Production on the show halted in October following the sexual harassment and assault allegations against star Kevin Spacey.
3. Michael Dell Doesn’t Buy The Hype About Killer Artificial Intelligence And Tech Dystopias (tech)
He expects technology in general will yield “tremendously positive outcomes for humans” over the next 30 years.
4. Elon Musk’s Boring Company, Which Was Founded To Create The Tunnels For An Underground Transportation System In Los Angeles, Has Released A Map Illustrating a Proposed Network For Those Tunnels (tech)
The Boring Company was inspired by Musk’s frustrations with LA’s notoriously congested traffic.
5. Ethereum’s Blockchain Is Jamming Up Because Of a New Game Called “CryptoKitties” That Lets People Buy Virtual Cats (tech)
The online cat breeding game, which has been likened to both Beanie Babies and Pokemon, has taken the crypto-world by storm.
6.Apple Fixed The iPhone Calculator Bug That Said The Answer To “1 + 2 + 3” was “24.” (tech)
The problem was that the calculator app responded to the second “+” slowly, so it was totaling ‘1 + 23,” not the correct answer.
7. The CEOs Of Apple And Google Spoke At A Conference That Critics Say Makes Them “complicit actors in the Chinese censorship regime.” (tech)
image credits: Redmond Pi
China’s World Internet Conference is a gathering the Chinese government reportedly uses to promote its strategy of tightly controlling what’s available online in the country.
8. Tech Giants Are Fighting To Hire The Best AI Talent At The NIPS Conference In LA This Week (tech)
image credits: TLNT.com
Google, Amazon, Apple, DeepMind, Intel, Facebook, and IBM are all there, among others.
9. Oracle Is Opening A Charter School — A Controversial Kind Of School That Is Publicly Funded But Privately Run — at its headquarters in January, according to The New York Times (tech)
It is the first-ever public school to live on a corporate campus in Silicon Valley.
10. Apple Declared The 2011 Mac Mini “Obsolete.” (tech)
It means Apple and authorized repair cent res will no longer be able to repair the tiny Mac desktop.
image credits: Vecteezy
ARTICLE BY: BORNREALIST