Now there are discussions all over the world about the terrible virus COVID-19. For cases where schools are closing, the manual provides recommendations on mitigating the possible negative consequences of their closure on the learning and well-being of children. This means that there are well-thought-out plans designed to ensure lifelong learning, including through various distance learning options, such as online education strategies and educational content broadcasts, as well as access for all children to basic services. These plans should also include the necessary measures for the subsequent safe reopening of schools and virus facts for kids for children to understand what is going on.
1. Simple tips:
A lot of parents are in a panic: what should we do in this scary situation? First, do not panic! Think about your children’s safety. Here is a parents guidance on what to do and how to act:
- Ask children not to come closer than 1 meter to people who cough, sneeze or have a fever.
- Remind children to wash their hands before eating and after going to the bathroom (wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizers).
- Ask children to refrain from eating common packs or utensils (nuts, chips, cookies, and other snacks) where many people are dipping their hands.
- Ask children to avoid welcoming hugs and handshakes until the epidemiological situation stabilizes.
- Strengthen the requirements for wet cleaning, cleaning, and disinfection of objects affecting large numbers of people, ventilate the premises.
- It is also important to avoid crowded places.
2. Symptoms of infection:
Cough, sore throat, rhinitis, fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, sneezing, chest pain, in some cases, diarrhea or conjunctivitis. In severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia. In some cases, this disease can be fatal, but it is predominantly for middle-aged or elderly people with comorbidities.
What to do?
In the event of fever, the child should stay home for a full recovery and seek the advice of a family physician immediately. If you are afraid that your child won’t be able to catch up with studies on his own while being ill, then you should pay money to get help with homework from eduBirdie – a trusted educational service for students. Children’s health should be more important than any writing assignment.
3. How to behave properly in the spread of the virus?
There are a few simple tips for you and your family to do to avoid the virus.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizers.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a paper handkerchief during coughing or sneezing and then throw it away; also, sneeze correctly at the bend of the elbow.
- Do not approach someone who cough, sneeze or have a fever, within 1 meter, avoid any close contact with them.
- Do not eat (or order) raw or under-cooked animal products.
4. Masks do not help protect yourselves from the virus, they only help when the mask is worn by a sick person.
Surgical masks are not intended to protect against the ingress of pathogens into the respiratory tract, that is, it does not protect against the diseases of those who actually wear it. These masks should be worn for patients to reduce the spread of infections indoors or to those who undergo surgery.
5. There are currently no drugs available to treat or prevent coronavirus. Any suggestions on the Internet about vaccines or medicines are not true.
Do not believe everything you hear or read on the Internet. There are currently no recommended medicines for the prevention or treatment of infection. Patients are given symptomatic treatment and that is it.
Also, do not forget that your children’s educational institutions will keep you up to date with the latest news, changes, and events related to the virus and the work of schools.
All parents naturally worry about their family’s health. And it is a good thing. But this is not a reason to panic after reading the first best article on customessaymeister about coronavirus and its distribution. There are official sites where you can find true and confirmed information about this disease. Do not forget that panic worsens immunity, so it is better for you to choose one or two resources that you trust and scoop up information from there. Stay healthy!
Article by Born Realist